Strategic Case Analysis
Business Concepts, Strategy Frameworks, and Solved Business Cases as Socratic Dialogues
ISBN 978-0-9798354-0-7 (First Edition as Paperback)
For links to free samples of the Second Edition (ISBN 978-0-9798354-1-4) on Amazon Kindle, please select the country you live in:
- Currently used by Sam Mishra (author) as the text-book to teach a three credit grad level Business Strategy Course called TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY offered by the Department of Strategy and International Business at Sawyer Business School, Suffolk University, Boston.
Provides a more in-depth understanding of strategy frameworks which are touched upon on this website.
Includes thirty-eight solved business cases, practice cases, and brain-teasers. First four solved cases have been analyzed further and summarized. Helps you analyze / visualize how business concepts and strategy frameworks can be applied to solve business cases successfully in business settings, board-room discussions, strategy planning sessions, etc.
Rest of the solved cases are followed by placeholders for you to analyze how the manager / consultant solved the case, what frameworks were applied while solving the case, how the consultant could have fared better, etc. This workbook format disciplines you to proceed to the next solved case only after you summarize the current solved case, helping you to master a broad range of business cases at your own pace.
Includes advanced frameworks like Double Marginalization, Pareto Negotiation Frontier.
Includes a glossary of financial ratios to measure every aspect of your business: earnings, capital structure, growth prospects, competitive measurements, etc.
- The chapter on Game Theory including Nash Equilibrium and Maximin Strategy is new. Also includes a rational version of Prisoner's Dilemma.
285 pages long (2014 eBook edition). Can be used to teach MANAGEMENT 101 to your subordinates / employees. Makes your technology savvy managers / employees more business savvy.
- Useful for undergrads and MBAs in cracking business cases and brain-teasers thrown at them during job interviews. The book helps in your job hunting endeavors by providing interviewing tips after the first two solved cases.
- Audio Edition of selected content explained here.
- Solved cases available as Socratic Dialogue Audio here.
About the Author
Strategic Case Analysis is authored by Sam Mishra, the current CEO of SamRockCafe Studios, LLC. Mishra has twenty years of experience in product strategy, IT and technology strategy, and business strategy. This experience includes working with multiple start-ups in Silicon Valley / San Francisco Bay Area for the last twelve years. Mishra has also worked with top consulting, manufacturing, and high-tech firms including Deloitte, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), EDS, Goodyear, Nissan, IBM, Tandem, Allegiance Telecom (now part of XO Communications), and Sun Microsystems (now part of Oracle). Mishra has an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mishra divides his time between Hollywood and Silicon Valley, both in California, United States. Mishra can be followed on twitter here and on LinkedIn here.