Strategic Case Analysis
Business Concepts, Strategy Frameworks, and Solved Business Cases as Socratic Dialogues
For links to free samples of the Second Edition (ISBN 978-0-9798354-1-4) as an eBook on Amazon Kindle, please select the country you live in:
United States United Kingdom Germany France Spain Italy Japan Brazil Canada India Australia
The book offers the following benefits:
- Currently used by Sam Mishra (author) as the text-book to teach a three credit grad level Business Strategy Course called TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY offered by the Department of Strategy and International Business at Sawyer Business School, Suffolk University, Boston.
Provides a more in-depth understanding of strategy frameworks which are touched upon on this website.
Includes thirty-eight solved business cases, practice cases, and brain-teasers. First four solved cases have been analyzed further and summarized, first two cases have been followed by INTERVIEWING TIPS. Helps you analyze / visualize how business concepts and strategy frameworks can be applied to solve business cases successfully in business settings, board-room discussions, strategy planning sessions, etc.
Rest of the solved cases are followed by placeholders for you to analyze how the manager / consultant solved the case, what frameworks were applied while solving the case, how the consultant could have fared better, etc. This workbook format disciplines you to proceed to the next solved case only after you summarize the current solved case, helping you to master a broad range of business cases at your own pace.
Includes advanced frameworks like Double Marginalization, Pareto Negotiation Frontier, S-Curves, Technology Adoption Life Cycle.
Includes a glossary of financial ratios to measure every aspect of your business: earnings, capital structure, growth prospects, competitive measurements, etc.
- The chapter on Game Theory including Nash Equilibrium and Maximin Strategy is new. Also includes a rational version of Prisoner's Dilemma.
285 pages long (2014 paperback edition, coming soon). Can be used to teach MANAGEMENT 101 to your subordinates / employees. Makes your technology savvy managers / employees more business savvy.
- Useful for undergrads and MBAs in cracking business cases and brain-teasers thrown at them during case interviews / strategic marketing job interviews / logical case solving.
- The book helps in your job hunting endeavors by providing interviewing tips after the first two solved cases.
- Audio Edition of selected content available for free on this website.
- Some solved cases available as Socratic Dialogue Audio here.
Strategy Frameworks and Applications for High-tech, Biotech, and Clean-tech BusinessesIn USA, the Kindle eBook titled TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY: Strategy Frameworks and Applications for High-Tech, Biotech, and Clean-Tech Businesses by Sam Mishra) is now available at a promotional pricing of $3.99 to $4.95 until Christmas, 2013.
About the Author
Sam Mishra is a serial entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. Prior to founding SamRockCafe Studios, LLC to publish apps and games on iOS and Android platforms, Mishra founded Franteractive Inc, a media firm incorporated in Delaware.
Mishra is a past member of the Java Software Strategic Marketing Team in Sun Microsystems (now Oracle) in Silicon Valley, CA. Mishra has also worked with large consulting / fortune 500 firms, including Deloitte & Touche (now Deloitte), Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Goodyear, and Nissan. Mishra has also worked as Head of Products at two Silicon Valley start-ups.
Mishra is an adjunct faculty in the Department of Strategy and International Business in Sawyer Business School, Boston. Mishra earned his MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and his engineering degree with honors from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology). Mishra divides his time between Hollywood and Silicon Valley, both in California.